Work on this magnificent building, Mallin Railway Station, began in 1836. Commissioned by the Dublin and Kingstown Railway under Architect John Skipton Mulvaney, the build took nearly 20 years and the work was completed in 1853. This building remained in use as the Kingstown/Dun Laoghaire Station until 1971 when the new station was built and the original ticket hall was converted to Restaurant Na Mara/Brasserie Na Mara. Over the next 35 years, CIE wound down their Hospitality and Catering Wing with the sale of the Great Southern Hotels and the closure of Brasserie Na Mara.
Hartleys opened in 2007. Housed in this magnificent Victorian building, we see ourselves as proud custodians of a slice of Dun Laoghaire history, and consider it an honour to fill this space.